- Getting into the office and seeing that the two-hour meeting you were dreading has been cancelled. Score!
- Being the one to bring in a box of donuts, or scones, or whatever, and seeing the delight on your team members' faces. Extra awesome: catching someone going for his/her second donut and laughing about it.
- Sharing an idea and being told to, "go for it." Extra awesome: when you "go for it" and make something happen.
- The moment after you talk yourself down from worrying about something that you do not need to worry about.
- Cleaning out your in box.
What are your awesome moments? How might you create and/or enjoy a few today? And if you need a booster shot (remedial training on how to experience big enjoyment from small moments) watch Neil's TEd talk here.
As a manager, how might you be the producer of awesome moments? How might your team members asnwer: "It's awesome when my manager __________." Go do that.